Go from this...
7 days of Prep Time!
Here are some tips from msnbc.com to help you make the most of your last week home!
(for the original article, click here)
1. Call ahead and find out the measurements of the room and the configuration of the furniture so you know what you are going to be working with.
2. Bed business- don't bother with a flat sheet, try just bringing a fitted sheet and a comforter for one less thing to wash! Also, consider bed raisers to give yourself additional storage.
3. Laundry and Clothing- Since you will probably be home for the holidays, only bring clothes for two seasons at a time to cut down on clutter. Always have quarters ready for doing laundry; buy bulk laundry materials and just put what you need in smaller containers for easy transportation.
4. Storage wars- Remember that all of these locations can be turned in to a place for your stuff: back of the door, under the bed, and in the closets. If you stack boxes and give shelving a shot, you have plenty of space.
5. Desk duty- A good lamp, a comfortable chair, and places to stow your books will make studying late hours a lot easier.
6. Bathrooms and hygiene- If you are going to share a bathroom with lots of other students, you might want to wear flip flops in the shower and keep a close eye on your bath stuff in a shower caddy. Also, bring cleaning supplies! You are definitely going to want to clean up after yourself, trust me.
Library Home Page